Hostinator

Blog

Uncategorized

Model Claims Rs.579cr in Damages From Ronaldo

The former model accused Cristiano Ronaldo of rape

The former model accused Cristiano Ronaldo of rape

The former model had accused the Portuguese football star of raping her in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009 after their meeting in a nightclub

  • IANS London
  • Last Updated:April 30, 2021, 10:48 IST
  • FOLLOW US ON:

Former model Kathryn Mayorga, who had accused footballer Cristiano Ronaldo of rape in 2009, is claiming 56 million pounds (Rs 579 crore) in damages. “She wants 18m pounds for ‘past pain and suffering’, 18m pounds for ‘future pain and suffering’ and 18m pounds in punitive damages. The 37-year-old’s expenses rack up to 1.4m pounds with legal fees of 1.1m pounds giving a total of 56.5m pounds – equal to two years of the Juventus star’s salary,” said a report in mirror.co.uk.

The former model had accused the Portuguese football star of raping her. The alleged rape was said to have happened in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009 after their meeting in a nightclub.

Ronaldo had strongly denied the allegations back then saying, “I firmly deny the accusation being issued against me. Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything I am and believe in.”

Mayorga had accepted 270,000 pounds as part of an out-of-court settlement in 2010.

However, she revived the case three years ago saying she had been “mentally incapacitated” when she agreed to sign the settlement under duress.

The report added, “Her legal team has filed a list of more than 60 witnesses they want to testify. They include British former Big Brother star Jasmine Lennard, 35, who claims she dated the former Manchester United ace 10 years ago.”

Read all the Latest News and Breaking News here

LEAVE A RESPONSE

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *